Sunday, March 1, 2015

Peter Wildeblood in 1955

"I do not believe that anyone is 'infinitely the social inferior' of anyone else.  People are either pleasant or unpleasant, entertaining or tedious, trustworthy or dishonest, and these qualities are in no way related to accidents of birth.  There are plenty of boring Earls and brilliant bricklayers and there are also delightful Dukes and deplorable dustman; one should at least be allowed to choose one's friends.

I shall probably be accused of letting my sexual preferences colour my social views; it will be said that my fondness for working people is due not so much to their excellences of character as to their physical attractiveness.  There may be some truth in this, but I can only say that if homosexuality results in a heightened awareness of social justice, it is - in this way, if no other - a force for good."

1 comment:

tonyitalian1951 said...

Yes peepity I agree there is good and bad in all of us. Each and everyone of us contributes and brings something to the table.
You cannot believe how happy I am to still be able to read your blog.