Sunday, February 5, 2023

I'll jet for a fortnight

I'm going to take a short break in posting.  I've not been in an aircraft for five years.  I used to prop it to the north about once a year in a Bombardier Q400, with a reliable Pratt & Whitney 150A.  It is a much more immediate experience upon landing than in a turbofan.  I've actually heard some women scream out upon hitting the tarmac (hilarious!).

This time, though, point to point, care of a CFM 56 5-A.  Five thousand kilometres as the crow flies south.  To the sun.

4 comments:

uptonking said...

Have a lovely vaycay. Nice to get away, isn't it. I'm going in a week to Palm Springs, but fly in big old planes where I have no sense of anything 'out there'. Have yet to fly in a puddle jumper - so I find you very brave. Be safe and have a gay old time, my dear. Kizzes.

Deliciousdeity said...

Thank you Upton. Canada is sooo puddle jumper, I can't even haha! Def gay. Def old! It will be a time. I'll take photos! Cheers!

Naven1918 said...

Hope you will have the time of your life and take some "interesting" photos to share on the Blog! Hurry Back!! We'll miss our daily does!!

Deliciousdeity said...

Hello Naven! Yes, spotted a few pretty boys at Paradise Beach. There may be a story in my travels, although you can count on it being as 'Old English Essay' as possible ;)