Thursday, June 15, 2023

newTumbl, au revoir!

 


Ah, the ephemeral internet!  Like more than a handful of spots in this digital ocean, newTumbl is no more.  C'est mort!  You may not believe me, but I actually logged in for more than the gratuitous unclothed, genitally excited hairy men awash on its pages.  I did sign up for it.  I recall there were four levels, from a mild public page to a burn-your-eyes-out, never-to-be-forgotten level 4 (but then, really people, I don't think a penis in an orifice other than a vagina is burn-your-eyes-out.  On the contrary!).

I actually loved the public page.  It was jam-packed with vintage photos, architecture, memes, interiors, all kinds of images.  I scrolled and scrolled, searching out prize shots - and found quite a few.  There was political commentary, far right and left, and the usual clothed cheesecake and beefcake shots.

Conspiracy memes abounded. COVID, Trump, China, Biden, Hydrochloroquine, Fauci, January 6th, etc.  It was, of course inevitably, a heavily-slanted American experience.  The culture wars, and the now familiarly recognised psychic split between balanced discourse and rage were laid bare.  To be honest, I only logged into the naked man pages a handful of times.  I did scoop up my share.  So without further ado, and in no particular order, aside from a Pachinko-like numbers tumble - watch the metal ball drop here ..



























































































































































































































6 comments:

uptonking said...

Never heard of this platform. I'm sure its demise was all about a lack of revenue streams or the fact they couldn't go public. This is quite the banquet of photos... so I see why you shall miss it. Well... in a way, it shall live on forever - everything does on the internet. Kizzes.

Deliciousdeity said...

Hi there Upton! Yes, it was, by it's name, an upstart, after the cleansing of Tumblr, and gained quite a following. In my relentless searching out of imagery I kept seeing an 'nt' tag on many photos. This, of course, prompted me to investigate haha!

tonyitalian1951@comcast.net said...

Deliciousdeity, don't remember your name, but128 is my most favorite. Don't ask why. My most favorite. Tony Italian.

Deliciousdeity said...

To each his own, Mr. T, to each his own!

tonyitalian1951@comcast.net said...

Just looking at again. 128 is still favorite. Gorgeous collection of male nudes, hairy men. Many if not most, the kind you would love to go to bed with at night and wake up in the morning. UUFF!! Tony Italian.

Deliciousdeity said...

I am glad you enjoyed yourself, Mr. T!